Dear Kivita Campers and Families, Friends and Supporters,
We can now share with heavy hearts that we are required to cancel camp kivita for summer 2020. This afternoon there was an announcement regarding cancellation of school for the remainder of the year and overnight summer camps. Over the past week we had independently had some internal discussion and decided that cancelling camp was the right decision going forward regardless of a broad government decision but were waiting to what direction the government and Ontario Camp Association were heading and that news came today.
We are mindful that this is a very difficult decision for everyone involved and that there will be a good deal of sadness felt. We thank you for your ongoing support and commitment to camp. We know that this feels reminiscent of the disappointment we felt a few two years ago when we cancelled due to an outbreak of hand foot and mouth virus, but last year we came back stronger than ever and have no doubt we will do the same next summer. Camper and staff safety is always the most important consideration and while this is obviously a difficult decision it is the correct one given the uncertainty and risks.
We cannot wait until we are together again and are already looking forward to being back together at camp in the summer 2021.
Christina, Stacey and Emily
On behalf of the whole Kivita family